Tuesday, November 4, 2008

11.4.08



I love my job. I can honestly say I've never had a bad day since starting my new position in July. I really, truly enjoy every day.

However.

This is getting hard. With 9 weeks to go, I don't know how I'll manage. The time change makes leaving at 6pm ten times worse as it might as well be midnight. It's all I can do to keep my eyes open for the 30 minute drive home. Thankfully I have early days too, when I am finished by 3:00 and out the door. But my fearless leader is becoming notorious for switching things around on me so I end up feeling like I'm always the 6:00'er. Give it a few more weeks and I think I'll be speaking up a little more about more early days and fewer lates.

Do you guys have Hobby Lobby where you live? We have one across the street from our school and I popped over during lunchtime yesterday. It's a Christmas wonderland! Little Beansies is getting her very own tree this year-- albeit a small, white feather tree, but it's all hers:) I went a little nuts buying decorations for it. Along with ornaments, stickers, paper plates and cupcakes papers...you know, all necessities. But how excited was I when I saw the electronic countdown marking November 2nd as being just 51 days away from Christmas?!?!

My first thought was "Yeah!!! Christmas is only 51 days away!" but a split second later I realized that meant I was only about 50 days away from being done with work for 3 months. It can't come soon enough.


2 comments:

Baby and Me said...

You had to say we have 9 weeks?!?! Oh my gosh where has the time gone. I dont have hobby lobby bit it sounds like fun. I totally know what you mean, 6pm is pretty much the same as midnight to me on some days.

ME! said...

Are you ready to go already! You still have plenty of time to be good to go!!! :)

No, you are in the home stretch! I'm just playin'.