Wednesday, October 15, 2008

10.15.08

I found out yesterday that the co-worker who lent me her gobs of maternity clothes had a miscarriage on Monday night. She's had one before and helped me through mine-- I'm so sad that she is going through this nightmare again. On Monday she was so giddy and was asking me lots of questions and now I know why... she hadn't told anyone she was pregnant.

THEN yesterday another co-worker whose husband also works in our program left work to go to the hospital because she was bleeding. She'd been spotting a lot since day 1, so I'm hoping she's OK and this is just "normal" for this pregnancy, but I'm scared for her. I'll find out more this morning. Just Monday she told me if they have a girl, they'll have to name her Faith because that is what they'd been hanging onto for the past couple weeks.

The first co-worker has 3 kids and the other has 2, so I am happy they have their families to help them through this, but it doesn't take away any of the sadness. Please pray for both of them and for all the other women who have suffered losses, are going through them right now and who may experience one in the future. And just remember that of all the women you run into today, at least one of them-- probably more-- is going through some sort of fertility or conception struggle.

****************
P.S. I switched to moderated comments, so if your comments don't show up right away, that's why:) Sorry, Lisa!!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh my goodness, I'll be sure to keep both of your friends and their families in my prayers as they struggle through these difficult times. They are very luck to have a friend in you!

Lisa said...

Lol, its ok, you would think I would notice that it said just that at the top of the page!

My heart is breaking for your co-worker. My prayers are definitely with her.

Baby and Me said...

That is always a good reminder. I never try to "flaunt" my pregnancy around just becuase you are right you dont know what others are going through.