Wednesday, April 9, 2008


Yesterday I shocked myself! I was laminating some paper daisies for the hallway bulletin board and set the flowers on the little metal tray and gave them a little nudge to send them through the roller. Well, I had forgotten to turn that roller switch on, and evidentally it built up a huge electrical charge because when my palm touched the metal tray, a shock went up my hand, arm and shoulder! It was the creepiest feeling! Not so much painful, but more like someone rain a dozen hairbrushes up my arm. Plus, the "shock" of what had happened... I just stood there like a deer in the headlights.

After I realized the switch was off, I turned it on and the first thing I did was touch the metal tray to see if it was safe. Duh!

So teachers, be careful of the laminator!

No comments: