Saturday, May 17, 2008

5.17.08

Well, no more spotting! Yay!! I put my feet up and relaxed for the rest of the night and it was wonderful:) I really think it was the stress I mentioned. I haven't been that stressed during this pregnancy (which is a good thing! i must not have a very stressful life if it's been over 6 weeks since I've felt like pulling out my hair.)

I also decided against the ultrasound. I know the chances are slim at this point, but if there is ANY chance that the baby isn't developed enough to see the heartbeat, I don't want to put myself through that. I'd rather just wait a little longer until I know, without a doubt, that I should see one. I can't handle the STRESS and worry of knowing there could be a big problem. And since I feel fine (no spotting, minimal cramping) I'll just hold off unless my doctor recommends an ultrasound on Monday.

To answer a comment question, I'm switching doctors because my old doctor, the one who has done all my beta lab orders, was horrible during my miscarriage. She made me wait almost an entire week before seeing me (bleeding started Friday and I didn't see her until Thursday), was completely insensitive, questioned the validity of my 3 positive pregnancy tests, was so rough during my exam that the bleeding started again and then embarrassed me for bleeding again. Never offered any explanation or reassurance (about anything), handed me a brochure and told me to call next time I got a positive test.

So even though she's been great about ordering these labs, I don't trust that she'll continue to be this dependable. Plus, I've only dealt with the great nurses this time around... I've never heard from her, which I guess isn't too surprising. The only reason I didn't go through my new doctor was because she doesn't really do beta testing (she's a physician who delivers babies, but the only female taking new patients where we live) and is open to me going back to my old doctor for any "problems".

Matt and I are going to a campout this weekend, waaaaaaaaay out in the sticks. It's called Happy Ass Holler, lol. All the teachers get together at the end of the year to celebrate the end being in sight. WOO HOO!! It's a bunch of hippies sitting around a campfire singing bluegrass songs, drinking moonshine and homemade wine. Matt and I fit in like a sore thumb, but it's a lot of fun! Last year was the first one and we had a blast, so hopefully Matt controls himself a little more this year and I don't have to clean vomit off of our tent in the pitch black darkness. He'll be looking for a new wife and babymomma if that happens again:)

3 comments:

LHD said...

GREAT reason to switch docs! sorry she was so sucky during such an emotional time.

i am also debating switching when i do get pg again and get over the initial betas. my experience doesn't sound AS awful but it was quite close.

i think these docs are so in tune to their jobs that they don't recognize the emotional side as they should. i suppose a lot of them need some bedside manner training.

hope you're having fun camping!

Kristin (kekis) said...

I'm glad the spotting is gone. Even if it's "nothing", it's always unsettling.

I think you're smart for changing doctors. If you don't feel comfortable now, that will just get worse.

And Matt, behave on your camping trip. Babymomma might puke having to clean up after you! Here's to the end of the year!!!! :)

Unknown said...

I am so glad that the spotting has stopped! *sigh of relief* And I'm so excited that you guys are going camping with the moonshiners. It seems like only yesterday that you were telling me the story of the tent and the barf and Jigga and the hills of southern Ohio. I hope you guys had the best time! Miss and love you. :)