Tuesday, January 27, 2009
I won a nice l'il award, guys! From the beautiful (and newly PREGNANT!) Jenn, who was sweet enough to give me an award a couple months ago, but I was too lazy to actually do my thang although I appreciated it very much:)
The rules of the award:
1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
1. I am starting to miss work and am looking forward to my return in a few weeks.
2. Even though I will have Lilly pretty much with me every day, I think I will cry when I drop her off at the nursery on the first day. I realize how lucky I am, considering I will be able to hear her cries from the other side of the wall while I'm at my desk, but I think the idea of her being old enough to go to "school" is going to sadden me.
3. When I was in 2nd grade, I lost the school spelling bee on the first round. I spelled BAG backwards.
4. I thought I got off lucky with no stretch marks from my pregnancy... until about a week ago when I noticed some pesky little lines below my belly button. They were hiding underneath my big ol' pregnant belly all that time! I kind of like them though. I like to think of them as a souvenier from Little Beansies, back when she was all mine.
5. In the summer time I love to have the AC on with the ceiling fans blowing while I'm bundled up in a sweatshirt and wrapped in a blanket. Matt can't stand it.
6. I think my daughter looks a little bit like a boy. I spent $20 on 4 barrettes on etsy yesterday to help girlify her a little.
7. Losing Little Weetzies was the saddest thing I've ever been through, but because of it, I was introduced to a group of incredible women who have become very dear to me. We met under terrible circumstances, but I'm glad we did.
8. I get irritated when people use more than 3 dots as an elipses.
9. I woke up the other morning and felt crampy. I immediately thought "Oh no, the baby!" before I remembered I was no longer pregnant. It made me a little sad. When AF showed up later that day, I was slightly excited at the idea of being able to get pregnant again. Have I lost my mind completely?
10. In college I was in a sorority and hated about 95% of everything it involved. When Lilly goes to college, I'll want her to choose her own path and if that includes "sisterhood" then so be it, but I'll secretly be hoping that she doesn't take that route.
I'm awarding this to the following brilliant and beautiful blogs:
My Dear Gherkin