I only have a few minutes to update, but a few good things have happened in our household in the last 24 hours:)
1. Lilly went to the doctor yesterday and was diagnosed with having Colic. Her pedi also felt like her formula was the cause of a lot of her discomfort, so we switched to Similac Isomil, the soy-based formula. She also takes the Mylicon drops BEFORE eating.
2. Matt's mom came down to help for a couple days and did all of the night feedings last night. I went to bed at 10 and slept until 7:15 this morning! I got up several times to check on Jenny and Lilly, but barely even noticed. I was amazed by how quiet it was every time I came out to the living room!
3. All was actually so great that Lilly had two 3-hour stretches of sleep AND she took 2 bottles in a row TWICE! She must really love her new formula and the fact that her stomach doesn't become upset when she eats. That is such a relief to me.
4. I'm not so sure she really does have Colic, although that was just one night and I don't want to jump to the conclusion that she is cured and every night will be so smooth. But wouldn't that be great if it was the case?
5. I went to my doctor today and am now on Paxil to help me deal with everything. Even sitting in the waiting room, when I heard my doctor's voice I was already crying. I cry all day long, about everything and once I start it's all downhill from there. Most of the time I'm using Lilly's burp cloths to wipe my own face dry. I have no apetite. I have so much anxiety over having to do the littlest things for Lilly-- and then the next day it's no big deal-- but then the next day it's a huge challenge. Most of the time I just want to be left alone. I want to get away from everything. Dr. S said all of this is normal for a lot of women and given my never-ending string of problems during my pregnancy, labor, delivery, recovery and then Lilly's rough start with Jaundice and Colic/Digestive problems, it's no wonder I feel so overwhelmed. I'm really hopeful that the Paxil can help me see a little straighter and just feel happier. I so want to enjoy this time with my daughter and not feel so aggrivated or detached.
6. Even Midas is happier today! He's been playing like a maniac in the living room for the last hour and just seems back to his old self. Maybe he realizes that we do still love him and that stinky, noisey little thing we keep carrying around can actually quiet down from time to time afterall!