Thursday, March 6, 2008

3.6.08

I've been listening to books on CD while driving to and from work the last few weeks. At first I couldn't tolerate the voice of the first reader, but the story (Size 12 Is Not Fat, by Meg Cabot) eventually got good enough to stick it out. I just finished Mitch Albom's For One More Day and was telling Matt about it when he responded "That's the book Mom gave me for Christmas... I just read it a few weeks ago. Pretty good, huh?" Considering the book is about a man who receives one more day to tell his deceased mother how much he loves and appreciates what an amazing woman she was, I was a little throw-uppy.

Speaking of my Mother-In-Law, she called last night. I made an executive decision to hit "Ignore" on the grounds of complete and total awkwardness. When I listened to her voicemail this morning, I think I saw red and started spewing smoke from my ear holes. Just the sound of her voice, speaking to me as if everything was normal...

No comments: