Saturday, March 29, 2008

3.29.08

Last weekend while driving home from my parents' Matt and I saw one of the craziest things happen at a gas station. We were pulling up to our pump when Matt said "Holy $%*!, how long are you going to let that gush, Dude?" I was distracted by all the pumps with plastic shopping bags over the handles, thinking "Wow, this place is special" so I didn't notice, until we pulled up to our pump, that the car next to us was GUSHING gasoline out of it's little gas hole thing. I don't mean a trickle, I don't even mean "I've had 6 beers and have had to pee for the last 2 hours but don't want to break the seal" bad, I'm talking Niagra Freaking Falls.

I wish I had taken a picture. But instead, notcing that no one was standing by the car, I threw myself out of our vehicle and ran inside to let someone know. Evidently the dumb woman who owns the car just set the handle on auto-fill and went inside to use the restroom. People, there's a reason for the sign that says "Do not leave vehicle unattended while pumping".

Matt shut it off for her while I was inside, and then forgot to check out how much her little mistake cost her, but we're guessing somewhere upwards of $100. It was bad. And had he not shut it off for her, it would have been closer to $150 considering she took her sweet time in the restroom, and then came to the door, looked out at the gas attendant dumping "TruSorb" everywhere and frowned, like "Get that away from my car." Clueless.

1 comment:

Katie, Oh Hi said...

people never cease to amaze me at their irresponsibility in life...