Monday, June 8, 2009

6.8.09

What a great weekend! Matt, Lilly and I came down to my parents' house to spend some time on the boat and celebrate a few big days:) My mom and I have birthdays 2 days apart and with Father's Day coming up, we celebrated everything together.

On the boat yesterday my mom asked me, while holding Lilly, if I remembered last year's birthday. I was still having a lot of morning sickness, couldn't eat much and felt gross, but was so excited about the teeny Little Beansies in my belly. It was hard to imagine what life would be like one year from then, but here we are and we have a precious little daughter who brings so much joy and life to our world. She loves riding on the boat... there is so much to see! We also took her exersaucer out on the deck so she can play outside and, boy, does she love it! She has spent so much time outside that she's taken the best naps of her life and conks out a good half hour earlier than normal.

Matt decided to go back alone yesterday so Lilly and I could enjoy a couple more days of fun in the sun here. He's such a schemer though-- he knew that would mean Mom has to take me home at some point, which also means she'll stay for a couple days! And he gets a couple days home alone with the dog. I think it was a little bit of a ploy for some alone time for himself, but we'll take it. Sans doggie, we'll be able to stop at the outlets on our way home:) Gotta love that.

Lots of pictures to share once I'm home. I didn't bring my USB cord and my battery died yesterday, so I can't do much here. Mom and I are taking Lilly to the swimming pool this afternoon. I'm sad I won't be able to take pictures, but I'm sure we'll have many more pool days this summer. I hope she likes it! It's time to sign her up for Mommy & Baby swimming lessons at the YMCA!

No comments: