Wednesday, June 10, 2009

6.10.09

Do you ever feel too tired, too confused, too overwhelmed or just too irritated to think about or to be able to or to know what to pray for to help get through it?

Usually things are great, I'm happy, Lilly's wonderful, Matt is fantastic, I feel blessed, I love my life, etc., etc.

Today isn't one of those days. In fact it's really not even one of those weeks. Truthfully, this point has been months in the making. I'm stressed out, unhealthy, tired, mad, guilt-ridden, overwhelmed and not enjoying my everyday life.

I'm sure it's a phase. It'll pass.

I'm in desperate need of a break. My husband thinks going to the grocery store alone is all the break I should need.

Sigh.

People ask me how I'm adjusting to motherhood. It's not the motherhood that's hard. It's the wifehood while being a mother that is difficult.

And not offing my husband while trying to figure it out.

9 comments:

Trisha.R.Jackson said...

(((hugs))). I feel ya, sista!

Our Life in Pixels said...

Being a wife/mom is THE toughest job ever. Man may work from sun to sun, but a woman's work is NEVER done. Trying to juggle all the things we do in the home, PLUS work on top of that is not easy. I encourage you to stay close to God in the "funk" and just be in his word. He doesn't give us anything he doesn't think we can't handle. This too shall pass. I never thought I would ever be a mom a 3 and we are starting home school in the fall. We'll see how my brain goes :) My prayers are for you! I'm proud of you for your honesty with this post. I'm sure you'll have many comments agreeing with you.

Jenn said...

I'm sorry you're feeling down! Whenever I feel like I don't even know where to start with prayer, I just start with "Lord, you know my heart." That seems to cover it :) (((HUGS)))!!!

Fit & Fierce Mama said...

YES! I have days like this too- well, weeks like this too. I was just thinking how HARD it is being a mom, working, and trying to manage a household. I have no time for anything else, which is sad because I feel like I'm not even doing the things I concentrate on very well. Hang in there- I think we'll all get through it somehow.

Mary said...

I know %100 what you mean! I am having one of those days/weeks as well. What you wrote is what I feel. Mama's need a break. And a good one! I think it's funny when you said that going to the store alone is all the break your hubby thinks you need. Mine is the same way! My weekly shopping trip on Saturdays have to be worked around his golf schedule. Nice huh

Sorry I am babbling on. I just want you to know, you are not alone in feeling the way you do. When I read your post I got this feeling I should write something. I hope you can get the nice break you deserve. Hang in there.

Mary

Lisa said...

Im coming, I am coming, just 2 more days! Love you!

Jessica said...

yes, it will pass. :) (((hugs)))

Michelle said...

Sorry you're feeling so overwhelmed. It is hard to balance all the "wife stuff" you did before you were a mom with all the "mom stuff" you have to do now, plus have time for yourself in there too. And as much as our husbands "try" to help...sometimes they just don't get it. I totally get ya on it!

Alyssa Mommy said...

Ditto! I hope you find the time to get the break you need soon. You a lot strong than me to stick it out!