Wednesday, March 4, 2009

3.4.09

OK, so the very exciting, unexpected, not-pregnant news!

I was thinking it would be a while before having to make any decisions, but I think our prayers were answered, again unexpectedly, by having the decision made for me.

So the big news is...

I am going to be a part-time working Momma! It came up as a comment in passing while chatting with my co-director and our Admin. Assistant, but as it turned out we were all on the same page, but no one wanted to bing it up for fear of upsetting anyone else (Are we a bunch of women, or what?!) In fact, my co-director is hoping to be following my footsteps in the near future.

One thing led to another and I'd barely had a chance to talk it over with Matt before our Superintendent approved my switch on a week-to-week basis. So for now I will be working part time, but may have weeks where I have a full-time schedule. This summer I may be working 4 days a week, which my co-director and I had already planned on doing (so we can both have 3-day weekends! woo hoo!).

I'll admit I was a little shocked that it happened so quickly, but at the same time it gives me reasuarrance that the Lord has provided us with enough income (and sanity) for me to be at home with Lilly as much as possible, while still maintaining a career and work relationships that are extremely valuable to me.

I've heard many women say that if they could go back and do it again, they would have done whatever it took to stay home with their children during these early years. We're blessed with the ability to live comfortably, splurge on a vacations here and there, provide for our family and still put a nice amount of income into savings each month. After being home for over 3 months on just one income and seeing that we can still maintain a comfortable lifestyle, I feel so good giving this time to my baby. Sure I might have to curb my internet shopping habit (this, after I just placed a Lands' End order for THE cutest corduroy jumper. Darn.), but I think I'd be crazy not to take advantage of this gift.

So there it is! After next week I will be home Saturday-Tuesday... and just in time for the coveted 3-month mark I've been keeping my eyes on for weeks. God is good:)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

That is very exciting and you are very lucky! Enjoy it!

who said life is fair said...

sweet! Sounds perfect. You'll just have to wait for the internet stuff to go on sale!

Trisha.R.Jackson said...

I'm so stinking jealous!! Craig will be staying home as a WAHD with Delaney which will be hard. I secretly hope he can just be a SAHD.

Poppy said...

Congrats!

God is good.