Tuesday, June 10, 2008

6.10.08

My big news is that I was offered a promotion at work. It's kind of a big one. I'd be the Assistant Director of the school. Which I find kind of funny, really. I still picture myself as a little kid sometimes and the thought of myself sitting in a meeting with the superintendent discussing important things is a little humorous.

I'm really not painting a very good picture of my abilities here. I suppose there is a reason I was offered the position! I am amazed at how the Lord works by putting us into horrible situations, and then putting us in new situations that we are a little unsure of, but then making it absolutely clear why he put us there by dropping something huge like this right on my lap. It all makes sense. I'm flattered that my directors thought of me and feel I would do a good job. I'm definitely a little nervous about adding stress to my life, completely changing my daily routine, managing a staff of my peers, and being professional enough to assist in running the school, which as of this fall will be under the Academy instead of the church.

But I think I'm going to take it:) It's hard to pass up doubling my salary when I have a baby on the way. And the fact that I can take my baby to work with me when that time comes is a blessing and a privelage that not many receieve. I think this is going to be wonderful for my career and my morale.

So without further ado, the 10-week Beansie, which looks a little like a turd:



With bones and cartilage starting to form and vital organs beginning to function, baby is making major progress. Body length will almost double in the next three weeks, and arm joints are now working. (Soon, legs will too.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,
Congratulation on the promotion. They know a winner when they see one. I am sure Beansie will appreciate the reference to the state of his/her being in the future.
Patty

Fit & Fierce Mama said...

baby looks more like a lump of cole than a turd :)

I'm glad you're taking the job- you'll do a great job! The perks sound too good to pass up.

I tagged you too!

Unknown said...

Katie that is great news!
The baby looks great i'm so happy you are finally there. I hope i can join you in SAL real soon!
Btw i tagged you on my blog!

Jenn said...

Thank you mam! And congrats on your promotion =)

Unknown said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAY! CONGRATULATIONS, my dear HL. You totally deserve all of this goodness. :)