Tuesday, June 3, 2008

6.3.08


Yesterday I ordered Matt a Father's Day gift from The Land of Nod. It's a sweet book calld "Daddy Cuddles" and I can't wait to give it to him! I bet he's going to be the best story teller:)

They also had "The Carrot Seed" which I remember vividly from Preschool. I couldn't resist! (It's for the baby... I find myself saying that a lot!) I think this book is even in the background of a Preschool photo circa 1985 that I must must must find this summer.

I can't wait for them to get here! And I can't wait to fill Little Beansies' nursery with all the greatest children's books! By the time he/she is 4 years old, he/she's going to be all "Where did my Mom and Dad go?" and then he/she'll be all "They're probbbbaly in my room reading my books again" and there we'll be, sprawled across the floor reading "The Giving Tree" and "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie".

2 comments:

The Fearless Formula Feeder said...

I love that image! I really hope my kid is as big a reader as I am...otherwise, he's gonna hate me for forcing him to sit and read all these great children's books with me! Have you read "Make Way for Ducklings"? Its a great Boston classic (my hometown), really beautiful old illustrations...

K-tell said...

I think I've read it, but probably as a child and made no connection that the pictures were of an actual city! So now I'll have to add that one to the collection. And everytime we read it, we'll dedicate it to Suzie the Great:)