Tuesday, March 9, 2010

3.9.10

Sometimes I run out of things to do with Lilly. I'll be laying on the floor, trying with all my might to stay awake while she toddles around me, whining for me to pick her up and then when I do, to put her down (how dare I?). And then to help her open the wipes container and then to NOT help her open the wipes container (how dare I?). Sometimes this is followed by more whining because I looked at her too long, so I will look away, and then DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?!?! I bet you figured it out!

Last night while in the 20 minute home stretch before bedtime, without Daddy here to help entertain, I was fresh out of ideas. So I sang "If You're Happy & You Know It" in farting noises. Lilly thought it was great, which therefore made me feel like Genious Mommy...

until she figured out how to make the fart noises back at me.

Genious Mommy.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Gotta love when that happens! Sometimes I forget the whole "kids mimic ANYTHING you do" thing...and it gets me in trouble too (usually with my nephews, Riley's not quite there yet but we're getting close, uh oh)

Ellie said...

I know exactly how you feel, trying to entertain a 1 yr old. Since I'm a SAHM, my husband often works extra hours (every week, actually!) to compensate. After nap, the afternoon just stretches out before me and I'm like omg what are we going to do for the next 6 hours? It's very hard!